Sunday, April 26, 2009

My EXTRA LATE blog...

Writing an IJSEM paper is very different. It is unlike any paper that I have ever written. Throughout this process I was lost and confused and did not know where to start. However, with the help of my classmates i managed to make it through. I am, however, still working on it and finishing up minor details. Overall, I must say, this was one hard paper to write.
Like writing any paper there are pros and cons. For this IJSEM paper the pros would be that this paper is for a grade, it is very informative, it describes a new species (one that we discovered), and it can be used as a reference in future studies. The cons are that IJSEM papers have to follow a strict format. I am used to writing english papers, ones that don't require much research or study. In addition, writing IJSEM papers takes a lot of time. We have had all semester to start writing this paper and all of us only started a week ago. Writing these papers are very time consuming and the result of the paper is shown by how much time you put into it. I can write an english paper in one day, however, I can't say the same for an IJSEM paper.

p.s. I don't think the First dog, Bo, is the source of the swine flu...i think Rainey brought it back from Costa Rica. So everyone PLEASE wear face mask tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. I bet they are feeding Tamiflu (http://www.tamiflu.com/) to that little dog just incase it bits the dust - it might not make its first 100 days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to being used to writing IJSEM papers. I think another pro that I didn't include in my blog is that it makes reading scientific literature easier. You understand and value the methods section a little more knowing that these tests took months if not years to do.

    ReplyDelete