Friday, April 24, 2009

...PAPERS...test...FAMILY EVENTS...presentations...MY SO CALLED LIFE!

So this week our primary focus was the IJSEM paper and a powerpoint presentation. All in all, the task was extremely time consuming, yet nothing hard work could not conquer. This type of paper has its ups and downs. The good thing about the paper was that the information was readily available, and the information that was needed to make the paper successful was very clear (following Urzi paper). However, on the other hand I found the format a litle confusing. Following the Urzi paper, as directed, went against the format that the instructions for authors called for. For instance the instructions for author called for a break up of specific different sections; however, in the Urzi paper some of the sections were merged. Also, some of the things discussed in the paper were unfamiliar to me such as DNA-hybridization. In addition, the papers used for reference were different. Trying to follow the papers, in an attempt to make my own paper successful was very difficult.
My draft was not as good as I would have liked, but I am solely to blame. After reading the comments, I find it a little bit clearer what is asked of me. Also, I made some crazy mistakes; which were possibly due to working under such time constraints. The mistakes which were made were very simple so I do BELIEVE my final draft will be much better. So, I'm kind of confused about what this blog should be about also, so I am going to end on this note!

2 comments:

  1. No need to be confused - what you wrote is just fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rainey dude!! :)

    ReplyDelete